Do you want to use your virtual Visa card at a gas station?
Are you wondering is it possible to use a virtual card at a gas station or any other offline store?
If the case, you have visited the right page. Here we have explained a few ways to use a virtual Visa card at a gas station.
So, let’s get started.
Can I use a virtual Visa card at a gas station
Directly you can’t use the virtual Visa card at a gas station. To use a virtual Visa cad at a gas station you will need to link it with Apple Pay or Google Pay.
How to use virtual visa card at gas station
To use Virtual Visa cards at a gas station or any other offline store you will need to link the card to Apple Pay or Google Pay or any other mobile payment app that allows you to link a virtual card.
Once you have linked the virtual card to the mobile payment app, use the card inside the gas station at any tap to pay card reader.
You can use a virtual card for contactless payments in stores by adding it to Apple Pay or Google Pay. Some even allow you to withdraw money from ATMs.
Also note: Enter your birth year when it asks for pin or whatever birth year you used to signup if it’s a shared account.
You can also use the Shell app to pay at the pump or gas stations.
As per shell app:
The Shell app with mobile payment lets you pay and save in one easy step by eliminating the need to carry multiple cards and by reducing the number of prompts you have to enter at the pump and in the c-store.
We would also suggest having to look at the below link Reddit discussion about paying at gas station with Virtual cards. People have shared their experiences :
- Use the card inside the gas station at any tap to pay card reader. (they’ll usually have a tap to pay logo but not always, if unsure just ask cashier)
- Enter your birth year when it asks for pin. (or whatever birth year you used to signup if it’s a shared account)
- Go pump your gas.
- Seriously, this works. Venmo/Apple Pay/Cashapp will not work. Nor have I found a cardless ATM that didn’t say my card wasn’t supported. But this will cover gas. Just don’t bother with paying at the pump. It’s looking for an $80+ authorization hold before allowing you to pump.
Follow the steps below to link the virtual Visa card to Apple Pay or Google Pay.
How to add virtual visa card to Apple Pay wallet
Adding a virtual card to Apple Pay is similar to adding any other card to it. Simply open the Apple Pay app and tap on add button and choose the card type, enter card details and link your card.
- Open the Wallet app and tap the Add button.
- Tap e-Money.
- Tap the card that you want to add.
- Tap Continue.
- Choose the type of card that you want to add.
- Follow the steps on the screen.
How to add virtual Visa card to Google Pay
You can add a virtual visa card to Google Pay just like you link any other card to it. Still, we have provided the required steps below.
- Open the Google Pay app.
- Swipe up from the bottom.
- Tap Add a card.
- Use the camera to capture your card info or enter it manually.
- If you’re asked to verify your payment method, choose an option from the list.
- Find and enter the verification code.
To use a virtual card at a Gas station or any other brick and mortar store, you will need to link the card to the support mobile payment apps such Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shell mobile payment, Cash App, Venmo, etc.
So, that’s all for now folks. After reading this post, I hope you were able to know how to use a virtual Visa card at a gas station or any other physical store.
For more such post, have a glimpse at our gift card, credit card, debit card sections or follow a few linked posts below.